Thursday, May 15, 2014

I Write, I Publish & Now I Market (Modern day authors)



I woke up this morning excited –  
my first iPhone was being delivered today.
 
Actually Fed Ex tried to deliver it yesterday but I didn’t hear the doorbell ring, I was too engrossed in my writing (editing). 

Anyhow, I received the box today, and called the number to get my new phone working. I was not as tech savvy as I thought (cough cough)

When I was verified and the phone worked, I started loading all the apps I needed for social media, iTunes, G+, Gmail, podcasts, Vimeo, Coursera, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Wattpad, Pinint, etc.  You get the drift.




The next thing I knew it was hours later and I was still connecting (& verifying) all my accounts. 

That’s when it hit me.   I realized 'that person' who was glued to their phone – it was going to be me!  Ugh! 

I shuddered – how did it come to this?  Bowing down to social media, marketing all day long, constantly checking multiple accounts, multiple updates.

I must be a real writer! Lost when I write, too engrossed to hear the doorbell, and consistently working my platform the rest of the time. I never thought this day would come – but it is here folks.

I write, I publish and now I market - I am a sales person!   
Sorry day. But if you really want a good book to read check out –  


The sequel will be available later this year (wink wink)

Keep reading – keep writing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you.
Please leave your comment - thank you.