Friday, November 2, 2012

National Novel Writing Month - Year 2012


Finally it has arrived. So many writers have been preparing for this event, writing blogs on how to prepare, creating groups of support and even support events. It sounded like great fun, and at the same time a lot of pain. This is the first I have ever heard of NaNoWriMo and I was all set to sit back and observe.

Then in the last moment, I decided I needed the fire of this yearly event to help me push forward too. I am not sure how this all works, but I am giving it a shot. I signed up on November 1st, a day before my birthday.  It was supposed to be a gift to myself - you know a challenge to be the best I can be... 


http://www.lettersandlight.org/ourevents.php

Right off, I noticed there are many programs they offer, especially for young writers.  At first I had some trouble getting onto the site, with so many updating records it was no wonder.  With perseverance, I signed up and even figured out how to load in my total number of words for day one.  Whew!


Today on day number two, I updated my word count and added a picture for my name. I also joined my local group, Memphis NaNo region and realized I had already missed the first online group function. Not to worry - there are many more events scheduled, and I wish all the talented (and many young) writers best of luck and free thinking.

That is what this is all about - FREE THINKING.

Everyone is encouraged to write, and write more, and still write more....



Save the editing for now, a real challenge for anyone following the writing habits of Dean Kootnz, who chooses to edit as he goes. The rules are pretty simple.  Write 50,000 words in a month - piece of cake.  Not really!  Some are pushed by the challenge itself. Others seem to thrive on the competition. Personally, I just like to know there are others out there in the trenches, experiencing this shared event. I feel honored to be writing with them this month.

As the month progresses, I am sure I will learn more about the trappings of this wonderful event. I hope I succeed as well as all the others, and just the joining has proved to be inspirational to me. 

There are a number of wonderful programs that this group provides throughout the year to encourage writers  -  children and people of all ages to write. If you want to support the arts - here is a great cause.

Please consider donating in any form you can - visit this site.

Donation Station

https://store.lettersandlight.org/donations



 
Watch this video by Mikey's Mind - he explains NanoWriMo...follow his channel as he continues through the month....
 

My Word count end of Day 5

 

My Word count end of Day 2 = 

Total Collective Word Count for 2012 day 5

641,980,603

 

Total Collective Word Count for 2012 day 2

231,357,908

 
Keep Writing Everyone!!!!

 Have a wonderful November!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Glad to hear from you.
Please leave your comment - thank you.